- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbps chile powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups raw cashews (9 oz)*
- 2 cups raw almonds (9 oz)*
*Use your favorite combination of nuts
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar with the salt, chile powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white until frothy. Add the cashews, almonds, and spiced sugar and toss.
- Spread the nuts on the prepared baked sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring once, until browned.
- Let the nuts cool on the baking sheet, stirring occasionally.
- If not serving immediately, cover and store at room temperature. Can be made 5 days ahead.